Narrative essay topics
A narrative essay is a type of an academic assignment which requires a student to tell a story, most often based on a personal experience. This type of essay is considered to be easier than others since it doesn't involve any careful analysis or evidence. An author, nevertheless, has to describe an event or a series of connected events in an engaging manner. It is possible to express some idea as a conclusion, but it should be very concise. Check the narrative topics below to find what moment of your life to write about.
Personal narrative essay topics
Even such a simple task as writing about some of your life experience may turn into a real nightmare. Absence of great ideas will make you sit on the bed pondering about the events of your life you can write about in your assignment. To thrust you forward and finally come up with a good idea, we have prepared this personal narrative essay topics list.
- If you could change only one thing in the world what would that be?
- What is the most frightening experience you have ever had?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- What journey has changed your worldview?
- What was the most successful day of your life?
- What was the biggest challenge in your life that you have successfully overcome?
- What are the best ways to cope with depression?
- Who is the best role model for you?
- Who would you like to interview?
- What people have had the biggest influence on your life?
- Does your digital life hinder you from the goals you set?
- Why can music change your mood in a couple of minutes?
- What are the most trustworthy sources of information for you?
- How do you prefer to spend your free time?
- What sport is the best for you?
Narrative essay topics for college students
Even college students sometimes need to lay highly intellectual conversations aside and write about something trivial. Nevertheless, it cannot be a simple topic because a professor will not accept such a paper. Hence, we have found these narrative essay topics for college students to satisfy both demands - a common topic with an academic value.
- What book has had the biggest emotional effect on your life?
- What role do sports play in your life?
- What local problems do you think require immediate attention?
- Who is the most influential leader in the modern history?
- Should people apologize for their mistakes when demanded to?
- What does it mean for you to have good manners?
- Is there a difference between a nerd and a geek?
- Why do people tend relieve stress with alcohol?
- Do parents have higher expectations for their sons than for daughters?
- What is the difference between gossiping and talking about a person?
- What can other religions teach us?
- What advice would you give yourself if you could go five years back in time?
- What historical figure would you like to invite for dinner?
- Can people trust feedback online in the age of fake reviews?
- What is the most useless social network?
Good narrative essay topics
Even the greatest minds sometimes need additional inspiration. Do you feel like you cannot think of another topic for a personal essay? Well, we have something for you. Check this list of good narrative essay topics. Use them as the main idea for your paper or as additional inspiration that you have been lacking.
- What teacher has inspired you the most?
- How do you cope with unjustified criticism?
- What is the strongest passion you have ever had?
- Are there any things that make you feel embarrassed?
- What favourite hobby you used to have in the past?
- Do your parents know about all your bad habits?
- If you could describe your neighborhood in one word what would it be and why?
- Do you know the story behind your name?
- How much time do you prefer to spend outside?
- What is the most terrifying nightmare that you had?
- How to overcome failure and find the strength to start it over one more time
- Is it okay for men to cry?
- What are the biggest stereotypes you know?
- Why do children start smoking?
- Why do some people prefer to spend a lot of time alone, even though they do not want to feel lonely?
Descriptive narrative essay topics
In some cases, essays have to contain an idea that can be introduced by an author in a very explicative way. Ordinary topics will not work well to satisfy this demand. To make your life a bit easier, we have prepared a special list of descriptive narrative essay topics. Use it for your inspiration or pick any of the provided topic and write a great essay.
- What is the biggest act of heroism you have ever heard about or witnessed yourself?
- How do you cope with fears?
- What is the most dangerous thing that you have ever done?
- If you could change only one thing in your past, what would you do?
- What is the biggest act of kindness that you have ever seen?
- What is the riskiest thing that you have done?
- Top 5 things that you hate to do every day
- What things or people inspire you to become better?
- What device can't you imagine even a day of your life without?
- What was the last day that you lived without the Internet?
- What film has inspired you so hard that the next day you started changing your life?
- Does television still play any role in your life?
- If you had a diary what would you write down there?
- What conversation have you remembered for years?
- Do you believe in politicians' speeches?